Monday, June 13, 2011

Just a food kind of weekend

During the weekend, I spent the weekend at home as usual except this weekend, there seemed to be a lot more food than usual. I noticed lots of cooking going on and I kept smelling some delicious food, so I went to go see what was going on. There was lots of action going on, and it even continued today as I noticed when I arrived home.


On Sunday morning, my got up early to make some joong. Then, she cooked them in this large container. After lunch, my parents went outside to take them out.

Here are the finished joong! :)

After they were finished, my dad began cooking this chicken on the fire.

While it was cooking, I took a walk around the garden. Here is our large passion tree. There is lots of fruit to be had, and the flowers are in bloom.

Lots of colorful flowers!

There are lots of peaches on the peach tree.

Now where were we again? Oh right. My dad finished cooking the chicken and began cooking this fish. It was really tasty.

I got hungry after watching all this food cooking, so I went to get a snack. I ate some che with taro in it that my mom made on Saturday.

Then, my mom washed some cherries and cooked some corn. The cherries were great.

The next day, I came home to these coconut joongs. These were tasty.

My mom also made some of these. I'm not quite sure what these are called. I believe that they are filled with coconut and peanuts.

We have lots of bread.

Healthy drink

This pretty much wraps up all the food that I had this weekend. It is all delicious, and I will enjoy eating it during the week. It was too bad that my sisters weren't here to enjoy this great food. Maybe next weekend. Until then, have a good week.


1 comment:

  1. Lots of food to be had, you say? I'll be there soon! See you on Friday!! Another awesome post by you. Love it!

    ReplyDelete