Monday, August 8, 2011

Second Year of Dragon Fruit and Passion Fruit

Yesterday, I just sitting in my room when my mom suddenly told me to come outside with my camera. I was wondering what it could possibly be, so I went. It turned out that the dragon fruit flowers had begun to open. I was excited since these flowers typically open for one day during the evening to dawn, so I was lucky to be able to see it again. They were beautiful. This year, we are lucky to have nine dragon fruits. Last year, we only had a couple dragon fruits as you remember from this post.


While I am on the subject of the garden, remember this passion fruit tree?


Well, it had to be cut in half. It was really dirty work.


It was cut because of these white things on the branches, and it was becoming a mess. My parents think that the ants created it. It gives me the shivers.


But don't worry. It was only on one side of the tree, and it is all gone now. The fruit is still fine.

1 comment:

  1. Wow those flowers are so beautiful! Thanks for capturing them. Can't believe you got a photo of that yucky white stuff. It's blurry but gives me the creeps too. Gross! That before and after photo you took is awesome! You are such a good blogger! :)

    ReplyDelete