Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Garden

I found spare time to blog. Well, this post will just be a mix of things. I finally finished crocheting the owl I was making, and I also crocheted a fruit for my teacher. He really liked it, and I hope that people like my cute little brown owl. Since I am back at school, it also means that I am playing in band again. I play the clarinet, and yesterday, I got to bring home the bass clarinet to practice. It's actually really cool and fun to play even though I am having difficulty playing the high notes. I may or may not be playing it during our Halloween concert next month. Today, as I finished my dinner, my mom told me that there were some beautiful flowers growing the backyard, so I thought I would grab my camera to photograph. When I got outside, my dad pointed out some pretty flowers to me and a couple of dragon fruit growing from a cactus.
These are some pretty white flowers that my dad is growing on some long branches in my backyard.
This is a close up of the white flowers.
This is the cactus with two dragon fruits growing from it. It was so interesting to me since I never knew that's where they actually came from.
An close up of the dragon fruit. My dad says that they should be turning red in a few days. I'll be getting another photo of it when it does.These are some marigolds that I planted a month ago that are going to bloom pretty soon. (I know that the picture is a bit blurry. I don't have a steady hand.)
I don't know why I took a picture of this. I guess it's because my dad told me to since it also has a nice white flowers growing from the top.These are a few more nice flowers that I photographed. Sorry about the blurriness.
Here's my completed crocheted owl. I think I should have done a better job on the eyes and wings.
Here is the fruit that I crocheted. What does it look like to you? If you said it looks like an apple, you are correct. If you said it is a strawberry, you are wrong.
This is my clarinet that I learned to play last year in band, but I didn't exactly play on this clarinet when I was in band last year. This clarinet is newer.
Now, this is my awesome bass clarinet that I got to take home yesterday. I had a lot of fun learning how to play this although I didn't have to learn much. It has the same fingerings as the clarinet, but I need to drop my jaw to play low notes and do long tones if I want to learn to play the high notes.
These are the Standards of Excellence books that I use in band. We usually use then for warm-up exercises. I have book 1 and 2 for clarinet and borrowed book 1 for bass clarinet. I actually have a lot of music that is not shown in the photo.

2 comments:

  1. Your new clarinet is huge! It looks humongous! Your crochet toys are so cute! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see the dragon fruits in a few days. Thanks for sharing gardening photos. Makes me less homesick. Have a good week at school. See you this coming weekend. Probably Saturday...maybe Sunday...hahaa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make your blog public. It's quite good.

    ReplyDelete