Sunday, July 14, 2013

Crocheting Capers

Along with baking, I have also done some crocheting over the past year. I didn't have a chance to make too many things, but I managed to create a few.


I used this pattern for the Minnie Mouse hat shown above. I made this over my winter break for my niece since she loved watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse at the time. It was too bad that she never liked wearing the hat. Oh well. I'm sure it will find some use somewhere. Making this was pretty fun for me even though I was sitting on the couch for several hours, endlessly crocheting in the round.


I used this pattern for the penguin shown above. I also made this over winter break for one of my close friends. This was an interesting project for me since I got to use my new size D hook. I admit that using a hook that small takes some getting used to, but it can make some pretty cute and detailed stuff.


I used this pattern for the Umbreon above. The person who designed this pattern, Linda Potts, is actually one of my favorite designers because she creates crochet patterns that help you to create some good quality plushies. She has made patterns of things such as Pokemon, Mario characters, and Madagascar penguins. This Umbreon was something that I had meant to make almost a year ago but didn't get around to till a few months ago. In a month, it will become my friend's birthday present. (In the picture above, it will look like the stripes are white, but I assure you that they are just a pale yellow. I know that they are actually supposed to be a bright yellow, but I was trying to use up what I had.)


I used this pattern for the Pachirisu above. This pattern is also designed by Linda Potts. I made this because one of my friends requested it, although I had intended to make it at some point anyways because it was cute. In case you don't recognize it, this is a Pokemon.

1 comment:

  1. You're a knitting and crocheting machine! Let me know if you need more yarn.

    ReplyDelete