Friday, March 16, 2012

Alondra Hot Wings - Alhambra, CA

Since we had a minimum day on a Friday, my friends and I felt there was no better way to end the week than to grab a bite to eat to Alondra Hot Wings in Alhambra on Main Street. When you first enter the restaurant, you will notice that there are pictures of mobsters covering the walls. Also, you will notice that it is has a very lively and enjoyable atmosphere with televisions aimed at every angle, and you can hear the buzz of conversations. From the moment you step inside, you can pretty much tell what it is about with the smell of hot wings in the air. The wait time to get a table wasn't bad considering we entered with a party of about sixteen. After perhaps twenty minutes to a half hour, we were seated at three connected tables. 



Since there were so many people, we decided that each table would get their own food. We were all hungry, so we didn't really hesitate to order. Of course, since Alondra Hot Wings is known for its name, we all ordered wings. The table I sat at decided to get the Cajun Hot Wings and Gotti Pizza which was topped with pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, and black olives. I quite enjoyed our pizza even though I am not a big fan of olives. The Cajun Hot Wings were decent. It was not quite what we expected, but we still ate a lot of them. My friends and I assumed that the Cajun would be more of a seasoning, but it actually packed quite a punch as it was spicy. I guess it was probably nothing compared to the Atomic Hot Wing which some of my friends dared to try. I heard that it wasn't as bad this time because they allowed the hot wings to cool down a bit before eating, but they were still dying afterwards. The table next to ours decided to order both the Lemon Pepper Wings and BBQ Wings. These were not spicy unlike our wings. I sampled a couple of the BBQ Wings, and we really enjoyed the sweet flavor. If I come here again, I'll probably stick with what their table got. It was quite a pleasurable experience even though it certainly was different than my first time there, but it was different in a good way. At the end of the meal, we all had our fair share of wings. It was just a great day, and we all left with the smell of wings on our clothes. I will probably be back again.



515 W. Main Street
Alhambra, CA 91802
(626) 576-7119

1 comment:

  1. Even though I don't eat the wings there, I always smell like them afterward, too. Blech.

    ReplyDelete